Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Narnia 4EVA

Today I am meeting with my favorite little genius. I meet with him on Wednesdays at the tutoring site I oversee. He's not officially signed up for Flying Colors, but he lives next door to the tutoring site and I met him through some of Rebound's other programming. Since I was sitting at the site "overseeing" it every week, but really doing nothing, I called his mum and asked if he would like to come and have some one-on-one friendship time every week.


I'll call him Little S. Little S is a smarty. He is five (5) years old and just entered kindergarten this year. He was tested and is at a 7th grade reading comprehension level. He can not only read, but comprehend what he's reading at a 7th grade level.


Not that I'm totally surprised by this. The other day I was hanging out with him and he was reading to me from a (lengthy) children's book that was obviously written in the seventies titled Ancient People Groups. It was very boring.


Anyway, today I'm bringing The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe to start reading with him. I think he'll really like it. Also, I will really like it. So that makes it all the more fun.



This is my favorite cover of the Narnia book. You know, it's been published a bunch of times with "cooler" covers, but this is the one I read and I love the most. Yeah for things from the seventies.

Also, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is THE FIRST BOOK IN THE SERIES. Some other people (idiots, the AntiChrist, his minions, etc.) might try to convince you that the first book is the Magician's Nephew. UNTRUE. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS.

The Magician's Nephew is book number six (6). SIX. Read them in this order:

  1. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
  2. Prince Caspian
  3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
  4. The Silver Chair
  5. The Horse and His Boy
  6. The Magician's Nephew
  7. The Last Battle
Proof. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nicole,
Thank you so much for straightening the world out on the true order of the narnia series. I have been everwhelmed by other self-professed 'narnia-lovers' that can't even get the order correct. Thanks again. you rock.
Tim