Friday, March 28, 2008

Profile #5: Charles Lewis Jobe



Name: Charles Lewis Jobe

Age: 45

Birthday: October 21st (Although until last year, literally, I thought it was the 23rd)

Hometown: Puyallup, WA

Relationship to me: Dad. Technically, he is my step-father, but I don't think of him that way. He's just my dad.

Nicknames: Noodles, Papa Bear, Papason, Chuck Diesel, Chuckles, Cranky Curls, Chaz (that's a new one I picked for him), Posh, Posh Spice, Vic, Father Dearest, Thor

Quick Summary of life history: Mom was from Germany and dad was in the military; lived in Germany for a few years in his childhood; became an optician, worked at Willows Optical, became co-owner, married my mom Laureen circa 1988.

Nuclear Family - Mom, Guisella; Dad, Charlie Sr; Brothers Leary and Dave, Sisters Linda and Caren, he was #4 of 5 kids in the family


German words I've learned from my dad: (I am making up the spelling of all of these words)

- Machenelle = Hurry up.
- Splikenze Deutch? = nothing, he just always says that when he wants to make noise for no reason
- Guten morgen = Good morning

Things Papa Bear Likes:

- MASH (the TV show)
- Monkeys (they make him laugh)
- Answering the phone in ways that he thinks are funny (ie "Dominos Pizza, how may I help you?" or "Why are you calling again?")
- Chasing my brothers
- Howling so that all the dogs will start howling
- Remodeling the house and building things
- Medical TV shows
- Eyeballs
- The name "Vic"
- Beating my brothers in physical challenges

Comfort Item: His super-gross decaying pillow from like 1965 that he insists is the perfect consistency for sleeping on. Seriously, it's grosser than Snowy.

Claim to Fame: He has several.

1) He starred in plays in high school. This includes playing Edmund in Narnia and Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar.

2) Our house was featured on an episode of Trading Spaces. It was recently voted the #1 Trading Spaces Episode of all time. You can even watch it on DVD.

Fun Facts About Charles Lewis Jobe:

1) He had an afro in high school.

2) Once, I was upstairs sleeping and he didn't know I was home so he thought he was alone. I was awakened by an extremely loud vocal rendition of "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT? WOOF, WOOF WOOF-WOOF!"

3) He has always coached my little brothers' sports teams.

4) He pretends not to like the dogs but he really, really does. (He actually doesn't like the cats, however.)

5) He has 2 jokes that he loves to tell over and over to new people. These have been the same 2 jokes that he has told since I was 13.

Love Language: My dad expresses love through Acts of Service. I wouldn't mention this except for that it is so, so true about him. Once, I really, really wanted to go to Ellensburg to see my friend but I there was some complication with me driving my car over there...the pass... something. Anyway, I wasn't going to be able to go and I was absolutely crushed and then my dad was like, "I'll take her." He voluntarily drove for like 4 hours to drop me off in Ellensburg. It was ridiculously generous. It was the nicest thing.

I've got a good dad.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud, or LOL'd as it were, with a huge gafaw when I read the "Who Let The Dogs Out" story.

Carolyn said...

wow. Chuck Deisel is even better than I thought. I think you should show people this upon meeting him. I would have found it highly informative and entertaining.

Anonymous said...

FACT: HIS NAME IS CHUCK JOBE.

FACT: HE CHUGS BLACK VELVET

FACT: HIS REAL CLAME TO FAME IS BEING THE ONLY PERSON TO BEAT MARTY EVANS IN HIS WRESTLING CAREER. MARTY WAS A THREE TIME STATE CHAMPION IN HIGHSCHOOL AND HIS ONLY LOSS WAS TO CHUCK JOBE.

PS. HE ACTUALLY DOES CARE ABOUT THE CATS.

KJW said...

"Machenelle"? Embarrassing. "Macht schnell." Also, "Spikieneze..." whatever the shit you wrote actually = "Spiegen die Deutch." I think. Well, maybe I'm wrong.

And #1 episode of all time?!? How did I miss that?!? It's probably because I sneaked pictures of myself in the background.

CRANKY CURLS 4 LIFE!

Alison said...

um. i can't believe that you called snowy gross.... but you said it not me.

Anonymous said...

nice and thanks.

Anonymous said...

Medication can help relieve the symptoms of depression in some people, but they aren’t a cure and they come with drawbacks of their own. Learning the facts about antidepressants and weighing the benefits against the risks can help you make an informed and personal decision about whether medication is right for you., Home Page: http://gasogun.myxhost.us#11180 - Becoming withdrawn or isolated, Extra resources: http://odekdoha.freeiz.com#68514 - How to Control Bitterness

Anonymous said...

These days there are many great resources and communities online that can help you learn about your condition and how to end it. buy ambien online order Zolpidem online Are you suffering from anxiety depression symptoms or can't recover from them? [url=http://www.buyambienonlinepills.net/#628735-buy-ambien-no-prescription]buy generic ambien Zolpidem online[/url] Anxiety and depression medicines work to increase the neurotransmitter levels.

Anonymous said...

Herbal medications are known for the calming feeling it can give to someone with anxiety disorder. For example; having to go to the shopping mall where there is minimal danger of you being hurt. klonopin mixed with ambien. Whether it is massage, Reiki, tuina, acupressure, or simply stretching, gentle, non-sexual manipulation of the major skeletal muscles reduces anxiety. ambien side depression. Purchase Zolpidem Online Cheap - Continue: [url=http://www.ambienbuyonlinepills.com#buy-cheap-zolpidem-medication]buying ambien[/url] 1997 online ambien- Purchase Discount Zolpidem, generic ambien. ambien pregnancy category b or c. This constant monitoring actually serves to heighten your state of agitation. ambit energy utica ny