Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Profile #1: Earl Johnson, Grandfather

Name: Earl Johnson
Age: Grandpa-age
Home: Orting, WA
Relationship to me: My grandfather on my mom's side.






Fun Facts about Grandpa Earl:

  • He worked as a commercial fisherman.

  • He is left-handed, but went to a Catholic school as a child and they taught him that left-handedness was Satanic. So they made him write with his right hand. Now he is right-handed.

  • I call him Early Bird sometimes.

  • Early Bird does not think that students should use calculators. When I was in high school, I was taking Advanced Placement Calculus and I was doing my homework on the kitchen table. As I was taking an fractional equation to the fourth derivitive and graphing it, my wise grandfather snatched my calculator away and told me, "School's gotten to easy these days. You know, Nicole, when I was in school we didn't have these little machines. You had to use your BRAIN." Thanks Grandpa. I had to do the remainder of my homework without a calculator (which, by the way, is impossible. After he went home, I took the calculator back and finished my homework.)

  • He looks very cute in Irish hats.

  • He sometimes makes offensive comments about drunk drivers. Not offensive TO the drunk drivers, mind you, but offensive to society. Things like, "Some people drive better drunk because they are more careful."

  • One of my favorite pictures ever taken is with him. He's throwing me up in the air when I was like two. I don't remember this, but I look very joyful in the pictures.

  • He was locked in a closet for "a long time" as a child and when he came out, he had lost the ability to speak. At his school, Sister Laureen (one of the nun teachers) taught him to talk again and he named my mom after her.

  • He was quite the hottie as a young man. I've seen pictures. Yeah, Grandpa.

  • He likes the Cougars.

  • He goes to Alaska every year and used to bring me back presents. He doesn't so much bring me presents anymore. What's the deal, Grandpa?

  • His mother's name was DeMay. I have one of her piano books with Christmas songs in it. I think about her when I use it at Christmastime.

  • He has donated a lot of blood in his life. I know because the blood bank he goes to always gave him fuzzy-ball people with sticky feet that said "I Donated Blood" and he would give them to me.

Early Bird is a fantastic grandfather. He always came to my dance recitals and I know they were super boring. Thanks, Grandpa. I love you.

21 comments:

KJW said...

Your mom IS Sister Laureen.

Anonymous said...

This is regarging to your favorite picture with your grandfather. You say that you were 2 years old and you don't remember the photo. I find this impossible to believe because I definitly remember hearing somebody say that YOU said that YOU remember everything since being born, mind you that is including the actual birthing process.

Anonymous said...

valium 10mg generic valium price - buy valium online with paypal

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax pills pics - xanax pills used

Anonymous said...

order alprazolam how much xanax and alcohol will kill you - xanax effects alcohol

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 10 mg dosage - diazepam dosage guidelines

Anonymous said...

valium online valium high length - generic valium china

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax effects on heart - xanax side effects confusion

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online side effects of diazepam valium - diazepam dose bluelight

Anonymous said...

zolpidem ambien zolpidem side effects eyes - what is zolpidem 10mg for

Anonymous said...

lorazepam online + ativan withdrawal + exercise - ativan or xanax which is better

Anonymous said...

ativan online pharmacy ativan xanax interaction - ativan etoh withdrawal

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam zepose - valium dosage erowid

Anonymous said...

cheapest xanax effects taking 5 xanax - does xanax show up urine drug test

Anonymous said...

generic xanax online xanax xr 1mg tablets - xanax online no prescription india

Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan withdrawal after 3 weeks - lorazepam 1 mg high

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online no prescription cheap alprazolam 1mg side effects - xanax side effects pain

Anonymous said...

buy valium in canada buy valium no prescription needed - much generic valium

Anonymous said...

buy soma online no prescription carisoprodol 749 - carisoprodol 350mg tablets

Anonymous said...

where to buy valium what is valium medication for - 5mg valium vs xanax

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online the sleeping pill ambien - buy ambien online pharmacy